We just had a fantastic time during the last New York City Winter Wine Festival held at the Sony Playstation Theater (formerly the Best Buy Theater) in Times Square. With over 250 wines to be tasted, light Hors D’Oeuvers, artisanal food purveyors and live jazz, how can you not have a great time?
Here are some wine pairings that we found went well with some of our products:
2013 Cabernet Franc, Dr. Konstantin Frank, Finger Lakes Region, New York
– Medium intensity with dominant characters of blackcurrant, supported by dry herbs, chocolate, game fennel and subtle perfumed notes.
2013 Luna Shiraz, Wits End, McLaren Vale, South Australia
– A velvety luscious mouthful of blackberry, dark chocolate and soft tannins. Dense, deep purple-crimson. An extraordinary wine.
2014 Semi Dry Riesling, Dr. Konstantin Frank, Finger Lakes Region, New York
– A nose of orange blossom, lavender and pear. A vibrant mouth feel reveals flavors of apple, peach, mandarin oranges and leads into a zesty fruit finish.
2014 Best’s Great Western Reisling, Great Western, Victoria, Australia
– Brilliant water like color with a light greenish tinge around the outskirts and a watery hue. Fresh lime and citrus scents are followed by some crunchy granny smith apple with minerally end notes. Concentrated ripe lime flavors are intermixed with citrus, some mandarin and green apple with some mineral infusions on the dry crisp crunchy finish. Long aftertaste of ripe lime, citrus, subtle mandarin and mineral.
Date and Walnut Bar
2013 Chardonnay, Dr. Konstantin Frank, Finger Lakes Region, New York
– Characterized by notes of fresh pineapple, dried apricot and honeysuckle. Finishes with a mineral, creamy mouth feel.